Monitor your organization’s security vulnerability status by running periodic vulnerability scans and remediating vulnerabilities.
What is vulnerability management?
Vulnerability management is the process of identifying, evaluating, treating, and reporting on security vulnerabilities in systems and the software that runs on them. This, implemented alongside with other security tactics, is vital for organizations to prioritize possible threats and minimizing their “attack surface.”
What are the 5 steps of vulnerability management?
- Step 1: Identifying Vulnerabilities
- Step 2: Evaluating Vulnerabilities
- Step 3: Remediating Vulnerabilities
- Step 4: Verify Vulnerabilities
- Step 5: Report Vulnerabilities